Divide the fries into portions, or, if you’ve been following along, put each portion of fries into a freezer bag, then pop them into the freezer. Sweet potato fries can safely be stored for up to 6 months.
Do cooked sweet potatoes freeze well?
How to Freeze Boiled Sweet Potatoes. Whether whole, sliced, diced, or cubed, you can freeze boiled sweet potatoes no problem. They work great with stews, soups, and candied sweet potatoes!
How do you store cooked sweet potato fries?
Let cool for at least 15-minutes. Remove and dry well with a clean kitchen towel. Lay out on a parchment lined sheet pan and freeze. Store frozen fries in a zipper bag for up to 3 months.
How do you reheat frozen sweet potato fries?
Reheating Sweet Potato Fries
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. …
- Spread out the frozen fries, making sure to leave room between each one.
- Add salt, garlic salt, spray with olive oil or other spice. …
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
How long can cooked sweet potatoes last in freezer?
Store in airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags. How long do sweet potatoes last once they have been cooked and stored in the freezer? Frozen cooked sweet potatoes will keep well for up to six months.
How do you prepare sweet potatoes for freezing?
All you have to do is warm them up.
- Heat the oven to 375 F. …
- Scrub the sweet potatoes, poke each in a few places with a fork, and place on the oven rack.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until tender. …
- Wrap the cooled sweet potatoes in foil and freeze them whole in freezer bags for up to 12 months.
Can sweet potato fries be reheated?
Reheating Sweet Potato Fries
We rarely have leftover sweet potato fries, but on the off chance you do, store in an airtight container for up to 4 days. When you are ready to reheat, place on a baking sheet and crisp up fries for 10-15 minutes at 425 degrees.
Are frozen sweet potato fries healthy?
So, if you order the sweet potato fries, you get 20 fewer calories and 10 grams fewer carbs, but 3 grams more fat and 150 milligrams more sodium. … Instead of fast food sweet potato fries, frozen sweet potato fries are a healthier option.
How long can you freeze sweet potato fries?
When cool, spread blanched fries on a cookie sheet and put in the freezer for an hour or two. After fries are frozen solid place them in a freezer bag and store for 3-6 months. To Cook: Cook freshly cooled blanched potatoes and frozen sweet potato fries the same way.
Can you microwave frozen sweet potato fries?
So you grab those fries out of the freezer and read the bag to see just what is the quickest way to heat them up. Can you microwave frozen fries? Unfortunately, it’s not a good idea to microwave your fries.
Can you cook frozen sweet potatoes?
To reheat frozen sweet potatoes, remove from freezer and bake in a 350°F oven for about 25 to 35 minutes or until heated through.
What are the best frozen sweet potato fries?
Fries That Tried
- The Sweetest Fry: 365 Crinkle Cut Sweet Potato Fries.
- Most Carrot-like: Publix Sweet Potato Fries.
- Sweet and Sour?: Alexia All-Natural Frozen Sweet Potato Fries.
- Best Seasoning: Alexia All Natural Frozen Waffle Cut Sweet Potato Seasoned Fries.
- Crispiest Coating: Ore-Ida Sweet Potato Straight Fries.
How long is sweet potato good for after cooked?
Cooked sweet potatoes can last in the fridge for 3 to 5 days. To make them last longer — store sweet potatoes in an airtight plastic bag or container.
Can I freeze cooked mashed sweet potatoes?
To freeze your mashed sweet potatoes, follow these easy peasy steps: Allow the mashed sweet potatoes to cool completely (placing in the fridge once cooled to room temperature will help). Pack the sweet potatoes into freezer safe bags or containers. … Freeze the mashed sweet potatoes for up to 12 months.
When should you not eat sweet potatoes?
As sweet potatoes begin to spoil, they will shrivel (like the one on the photo above) as they lose moisture. The veggie will then become mushy and turn brown or black. Do not eat sweet potatoes once they have begun to shrivel, and certainly not past this point.