One of my favorite ways to add flavor to rice is by either using a cooking liquid other than water (bouillon or broth is an easy alternative), or by stirring in some fresh herbs, dried fruit, peas, nuts, or other flavor and color boosters.
Can you season rice after it’s cooked?
Before my wife I just cooked it with water and some salt after it was cooked. … you can go with just simple salt or go crazy with herbs and spices, a can of beens, some greens.. the rice will pick up the flavor of the water and concentrate it slightly, so just taste the water and that’s what the rice will taste like.
How do you add flavor to cooked rice?
3 Easy Ways to Make a Boring Pot of Rice Taste Amazing
- Toast the grains. Toasting the dry rice grains in a little butter or olive oil before adding the water brings out their flavor and adds a fantastic nutty note in the finished dish. …
- Cook the rice with chicken or vegetable broth. …
- Season the rice with what you’re cooking.
What is a good seasoning to add to rice?
What Are Good Spices For Rice?
- Cumin. Cumin brings an earthy nuttiness to savory dishes and it can do the same for rice. …
- Bay leaf. …
- Cardamom. …
- Cinnamon, cumin, and cardamom. …
- Saffron. …
- Five spice powder. …
How do you season cooked rice?
15 Thirty-Second Ways to Jazz Up Plain Rice
- Stir in a tablespoon or more of butter.
- Stir in a tablespoon or more of olive oil.
- Drizzle with soy sauce.
- Add lots of pepper.
- Stir in a couple of tablespoons minced fresh herbs, ideally warmed first in melted butter.
Do you salt your rice?
“Rice is like pasta–you have to salt the water, or else you’ll have bland rice. I put a 1/2 tsp. to a tsp for each cup of rice.” … If you cook rice too quickly, the water will evaporate and the rice will be undercooked. Low heat keeps kernels intact.”
How long should I let rice cook?
A cup of white rice will take about 17 minutes to cook, but larger amounts may take a few extra minutes. Leaving it covered on the stove for a few minutes after it’s tender will allow it to finish absorbing all of the water and then fluffing it with a fork will get your rice nice and …well, fluffy.
How do you spice up cooked white rice?
Combine your pre-cooked rice with some fresh parsley or other herbs, and boil in some water with lemon juice and olive oil. For extra tangy dolmas, drizzle them with a bit of fresh lemon juice, just before serving.
What can I add to plain white rice?
- Butter and parmesan cheese.
- Toasted sesame seeds.
- Creamy gravy.
- Cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Sauteed garlic, mushrooms, peppers, onions, etc.
- Broccoli flowerets and cheese.
- Toasted peanuts or cashews.
What to add to brown rice to make it taste better?
15 Easy Ways to Season Brown Rice
- Add in Garlic salt – So easy and really bumps up the flavor.
- Add in a bouillon cube or granules when you cook the rice for extra flavor.
- Mix in some salsa and some cumin for a tex-mex taste.
- Add an egg and fry it for a healthier fried rice.
What can I put on rice besides soy sauce?
Grated cheese is great on rice, as is sweet chilli sauce or mango chutney. Also, oyster sauce, teriyaki sauce or hoisin sauce. Try egg fried rice (good with bacon in it too), rice with satay chicken, rice in a burrito with refried beans and salsa.
What can I add to jasmine rice for flavor?
Spice it Up!
The turmeric and cumin added to the rich, nutty flavor of the jasmine rice and the little pinch of cinnamon added just a hint of spicy sweetness…
What to add to rice while cooking?
Once your starch is finished cooking, taste it! It’s impossible to know how much seasoning a dish needs without trying it. If it still tastes bland add a pinch or two of salt, mix, then taste again. Try switching up your salt source and give bouillon flakes, spice packets, soy sauce, or miso a try.
Can you add butter to Rice?
In order to cook rice you need to combine rice, water, salt and butter. The salt and butter are optional, so only rice and water are essential. … Add the rice, ½ teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of butter, stir once.
What is a good sauce for white rice?
Puree ginger and onion with soy sauce, canola oil, and veggie broth to get a sauce that goes nicely with stir fry and rice. Alternatively, any kind of bean is good with rice. A nice little thing is to throw in a Vegetable Stock Cubes as you boil the rice.